Saturday, April 16, 2011

Accutane & Acne (Days 52-65)

Better ways.

Since my last post, my skin has gotten better. The previous outbreaks have went down, leaving only discoloration behind to remind of its former presence. I went to the dermatologist for another month's follow-up on Thursday. My triglycerides were up a few points, but she said wasn't anything to get alarmed about. (I have cut back on red meats.) I did tell her that I was disappointed with the fact parts of my face were breaking out again, but she reassured me that it was common. Of course, I will continue the treatment. I did mention that I did not have Prednisone to take during the previous month, which did help tremendously with inflammation from the occasional outbreaks. She went ahead and gave me another supply of Prednisone 10mg to take each day. The doctor also gave me samples of Tazorac to spot treat any future outbreaks. I hadn't tried this product in my pre-isotretinoin days, but I like it. It has a drying effect on my skin. The cysts also responded with a decrease in swelling.

The pharmacy filled my isotretinoin prescription with another company's brand. It is Claravis by Barr Labs. I prefer Barr's packaging. It is much more user friendly than Mylan's packaging for Amnesteem. Of course, it still costs my insurer more than $600 for a month's therapy!

No comments: