Saturday, April 02, 2011

Accutane & Acne (Days 30-51)

Old ways.

That's the only way I can describe the right side of my face. While the left side of my face has cleared up considerably, the right side of my face is intent on returning to the ways of an acne-indulged lifestyle. With that said, I have to admit that the acne is not the same cystic nor nodule acne as I had before, but it is there nonetheless, doggonnit!

My skin is very dry. I rub my fingers over my cheeks and feel the dryness of my skin. Some skin even wafts off like dust into a gentle breeze. (How's poetic is that?) I do not wash my face at night anymore, in fear of aggravating its dryness. I was using CeraVe, but now I am using Cetaphil, because I had some of it left over.

Also, the eczema/dermatitis on the back of my hands has become quite painful and obvious. The back of my hands look like lobster claws sometimes. My left hand looks like a massive red island in a white sea, while my right hand looks like an archipelago of red dots strewn in the whiteness. They are incredibly dry, as well. I am using a homemade concoction of Cetaphil moisturizer of triamcinolone acetonide that I have mixed together. I only started using it last night and my skin is less red.

The only major difference in all of this is the fact I am not taking Prednisone anymore. I only had it for one month to go along with the Accutane. I am not sure if the dermatologist forgot to prescribe it last time or she doesn't want me to take it anymore. Nevertheless, I will be requesting a refill of it the next time I am there in about a week-and-a-half. I think it went a long way in helping me combat acne flare-ups.

No comments: