Pepsi has come out with an interesting concept for the 21st century: try a recipe from the 20th century to re-brand a product.
I have to admit I was skeptical of Pepsi Throwback. I got some of it today, in order to try it for myself, and just like those soft drinks you get in Europe, which are also sweetened with natural sugar, Throwback is simply cleaner and crisper than conventional Pepsi made with high fructose corn syrup. It reminds me of the Pepsi I used to drink as a child from the glass bottles (when did they start using high fructose corn syrup anyhow?).
Normally, I prefer Coke to Pepsi, but I like this newer version of Pepsi better than Coke. You can definitely notice the difference in initial taste and aftertaste. High fructose corn syrup gives Pepsi a heavy, lingering aftertaste. It isn't as sweet as I like. It feels thick on the palate (if that makes sense).
My advice to Pepsi is keep making your product with natural sugar.
No comments:
Post a Comment