I pride myself on being a connoisseur of coffee. I completely appreciate the extra boldness of a Latin America or Ethiopia brew.
Dunkin Donuts is waging an advertisement war against its archrival Starbucks for the top spot as America's favorite boutique coffee brand. I admit I am a Starbucks whore. There is something about the smell and ambiance of the store that entices me on multiple levels. Yesterday, I decided to two-time my love for Starbucks and give into the Dunkin Donuts hype.
Here's what I learned.
Dunkin Donuts makes a somewhat nice cup of coffee, but it's not Starbucks. It seemed that Dunkin Donuts is playing to the unsophistication of the regular American palate when it comes to the appreciation of fine coffee. It almost tasted like drip Folger's monkeyed-up in a 1970s polyester tuxedo. It was trying to be popular and chic, but it couldn't quite pass the test.
My verdict is simple. I will continue to enjoy the rich, bold taste of Starbucks. They know how to make a cup of coffee I can respect.
No comments:
Post a Comment