It's much like beating someone after you've shot them to death. It's a rage against the memory, against the past. Israel is unbending in its assault against Lebanon. Today, many innocent people died, because of a miscalculation. They said, only Hezbollah targets should have been hit, not children. I'm sure that will smooth everything over with the Lebanese people. As if!
I believe in co-existence for Israel and Palestine. I believe every nation deserves to exist peacefully and without fear of attack and retribution. Israel has asserted itself time-and-time again. There is no doubt of this fact. The United Nations has called for an end to the violence, from both sides. Israel now risks alienation of its primary patron, the United States, which supports an end of violence and the introduction of a United Nations Peacekeeping Force, which will maintain the southern Lebanese border.
Israel must look at the long-term consequences of its actions; instead of simply evaluating the short-term goals they have met, which will not last in the greater scheme of things.
No comments:
Post a Comment