Saturday, November 26, 2005

Women on the Rise for Elected Office

Last week, Germany installed its first female chancellor (for anyone confused, this is Adolf Hitler's old job). This is a giant move forward for women receiving larger roles in government. Germany, which has the world's third largest economy, has allowed the US to follow suit.

In 2008, I believe most eyes are focusing on Hillary Clinton to succeed King George to the presidency. It will be a curious spectacle to see if Hillary would accept such a nomination (and I believe she will).

3 comments:

Scott said...

I just stumbled on your blog and started reading - very interesting stuff!
I agree that Hillary would accept a nomination, but I don't think she'll make it out of the primaries. Primary voters will think she's a) too convervative and b) "unelectable"

King Donald's Stooge said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
King Donald's Stooge said...

Hillary too conservative? Ummmm...interesting! But I disagree, she is electable! She's a Clinton, by God!