Sunday, February 13, 2005

Theocracy, by George!

Today, Iraq elected to become a theocracy. Hmmm...I wonder which is a better choice--a dictatorship of a single, self-indulgent individual or a dictatorship based on an ageless and deathless religion?

Certainly, we can thank King George for this faux d'etat. I suppose we brand other, very different people by own values and beliefs. It would seem that a people deeply rooted in Islam would be willing to throw off the yokes of oppression and replace Allah with a atheist state. Yes, that all makes perfect sense! WRONG!

Basically, we have created a new Iran. A nation based on the laws of Islam. Today, Iraq announced that the Shi'a sect of Islam gained the plurality of the votes in Iraq's election two weeks ago. Sure, voting is a democratic vice, but like George Bush, what you are voting into office is much more important than simply the act of doing it!

Already, the Ayotollah has come into play. I wonder who took Iran down the road of religious fantacism and anti-Americanism? It was probably those damned communists! (Ha! Ha!) I suppose we created ourselves something to deal with again in the future. Instead of a war against a man, Saddam, we'll be fighting a jihad against a faith. Surely, the ayotollahs in both Iraq and Iran can reach a treaty.

Sounds like a fabulous idea! Geeze!

No comments: