As the memories of the children who died last Friday in the horrific Connecticut elementary school shooting begin to fade from national attention, the media is settings its sights on the legacy of the killer and the fate of semi-automatic weapons.
Much like the fabled second coming of Jesus Christ, we await "major news" from the NRA. I will wait starry-eyed, with goose flesh the size of Bordeaux grapes, and baited-breath for the glorious revelations of the NRA! (I am surely green with envy as I write.)
I'm positive that many politicians will be checking their re-election coffers twice this holiday season to see just how much extra treasure the NRA has put in their stocking.
After all, it's not guns that kill en masse; it's deranged lunatics with semi-automatic weapons who do.
I feel like the NRA may be working on a plan to resurrect Charlton Heston for a new pro-gun ad campaign.
No comments:
Post a Comment