I tell people that I learn something new everyday. Yesterday was no exception to that rule. According to a member of the United States Congress, Todd Akin (R-MO), pregnancy does not occur when legitimate rape has been committed. I suppose that the female body has a way of warding off the sperm of a rapist. But, if you say it's rape, and you get pregnant, then it's not really rape.
Representative Akin sounds like a real piece of work. The sad thing (other than he is an elected official) is that he is running for the Senate this fall. What's interesting now is that Republican leaders are attempting to get Akin to withdraw from the race. These leaders include Kentucky's own bigot, Mitch McConnell, who is the Minority Leader in the Senate.
The more you know!
2 comments:
I guess I'll never understand why some women vote against their own best self-interests by putting a man like Akin and a party like the Republicans in office.
Thank you for your comment. I completely agree with your observations!
Post a Comment