Congratulations to the United States government for getting downgraded from AAA credit status to AA+. While AA+ seems pretty impressive, it puts the United States below its Western European allies, such as the United Kingdom, France and Germany, in terms of debt repayment, etc.
Tomorrow, when the world markets open up, I'm sure we will see a crash. I want to thank members of the Tea Party, and the Republican Party, in general, for its contribution to the downgrade. The eleventh-hour deal did little to salvage the nation's economy.
The country's economy is still stagnant (just look at unemployment figures and small business growth over the last six months). Like I've said numerous times, it is time to end the wars and return that money to the Treasury where it belongs. We will spend the next decade recovering from the George W. Bush years in the White House; it's better to get started now rather than wait. After all, China has threatened to cut-up America's credit card over the downgrade!
No comments:
Post a Comment