Eureka!
I can report that for the past week I have been completely breakout free for the first time in about 19 years!
I first started getting spotty acne when I was 12 years old. For me, it is hard to believe that most people move beyond this skin ailment by the end of their teens and certainly by the beginning of their twenties; however, for me, I have been living with it for the majority of my life. The twenties were no relief, and my thirties certainly showed no sign of recovery. As I move into the end of my treatment, I am now concerned that once I stop taking isotretinoin that my acne may return. My dermatologist said in that case we'd simply start another regimen of isotretinoin, because it is possible for it to return in a mild form. I suppose I can live with that. Although the new acne is gone, I still have the visual remains of a decades long war on my face. I see fading hyperpigmentation and a very few scars along my right jawline. My scars are nothing compared to the discoloration. They are not even noticeable. If you looked really close you may see two or three. Of course, I've never seen my face completely acne free since I was 11 years old, so I may find more as time goes on.
Over all, I am happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment