Saturday, May 14, 2011

Accutane & Acne (Days 77-93)

With the exception of two zits, I am pretty much acne free at the moment. I still suffer from the discoloration of previous outbreaks, but my dermatologist insists that it will all fade away once I stop taking the isotretinoin. I will trust her on that.

Thursday, marked another visit to the dermatologist. She said that she thinks next month will be my last prescription for isotretinoin. I will continue to take it for several months to come, because I have been taking one pill per day while the prescription says twice a day. Also, that is doctor's orders. She says that it doesn't matter how quickly you receive the dose as long as you do complete the regimen. My lab work shows normal liver function and my triglycerides are holding steady in the mid-200s. She said I can live with that, because more than likely they will drop once I stop taking the isotretinoin.

I picked up a new prescription of Amnesteem and Prednisone today at the pharmacy. I had to convince the pharm tech that I did have a prescription for Prednisone on my script, because she said it looked like the doctor had drawn a line through the quantity, which was 30. I read the script to her over the phone to convince her that the doctor wanted me to take it. I also told her to look at my prescription history to see she does prescribe the medication with the same quantity and instructions. My dermatologist loves to draw lines over things and circle things to make a point. In the case of the marked out quantity, I think she was attempting to emphasis for the pharmacy that there was a prescription at the end of the prescription paper.

No comments: