Thursday, I went in for my one month check-up with my dermatologist. My triglycerides were a little high (she said), but I think I can live with 237, even if 150 is normal. She said that it would probably be okay and she didn't have a real problem with it being at the number, but she wouldn't like it to get closer to 300 anytime soon. (But, in the meantime, I'm supposed to be cutting down on my cholesterol intake. Uh-huh!)
My face is continuing to progress. The doctor was very pleased with my result. She said that it won't be long before I am acne-free. I told her that I probably hadn't been acne-free in over 18 years. I wish someone had told me about Accutane about 18 years ago!
In other news, I went the pharmacy today to fill my new prescription for isotretinoin, but the pharmacy guy told me that the iPledge people wouldn't allow it to be filled. He really didn't know why, even though, he said he called them. He thought maybe I am too old to be taking it. I called the iPledge people, and the lady I talked to, who was very nice about it, told me that the prescription wasn't filled through any fault of mine, but because my dermatologist hadn't verified that I had went in for my follow-up office visit this month. She said it was incredibly rude for the pharmacy guy (who I think is a technician) to tell me that, because there isn't an age limit on who can take isotretinoin. That's exactly what I thought. If you think about it, if there were an age limit, why would the doctor put me on a regimen that will last for months, when she knew exactly how old I am?
I will call the doctor's office on Monday, and tell them to go ahead and take care of this issue.
No comments:
Post a Comment