The United States Postal Service has delivered well on its debt for the fiscal year ending on September 30. The USPS lost more than $8 billion dollars, which is grossly more than it did last year during the same time.
The USPS credits lower volumes in mail as one reason it is losing money. I credit its own self-importance as another reason.
Recently, I mailed a package to an address in California. I told the postal guy I wanted to send it as cheap as it would go. I was in no hurry. He told me it would be $16.70! I almost laid down and died right there on the floor. I know that California is 2,000 miles from where I live, but let's get real.
I declined the USPS service and selected UPS. UPS can deliver the same package in two days, instead of seven days, for half the cost. Why does the USPS think it is so invincible and needed? It better face that fact before it is too late.
No comments:
Post a Comment