Yesterday, I voluntarily agreed to get a flu shot. I was visiting the doctor for some routine stuff, and he suggested I get a flu shot. Usually, I protest and turn down his offer. But this time, after some mild coxing, I relented and received my first-ever flu shot!
Now, I have heard horror stories of people getting the actual flu from the shot, but after getting my shot, I did some research and found out that the the viruses they use are utterly dead; therefore, there is no chance of becoming infected via the injection. Although, it is my first flu shot, I am glad that I accepted it. I do work in a setting where I am exposed to countless viruses and bacteria on a daily basis. Lord knows I should have caught it by now, but I haven't yet! Perhaps, this year will be a chance for a new yearly event.
Even though I detest needles, I detest being sick even more!
No comments:
Post a Comment