Barack Obama is black, right? I suppose if it works in his favor, then sure why not. Let's forget the rest of the facts about the man, for now at least.
Many African-Americans are happy to have Barack Obama on board as the first serious "black" candidate for president of the United States. Over one-third of Democratic voters agree this year's primary election has been/is about race. (Of course, I can't really say that, since I'm a devoted Clinton supporter. So, shhhhh! Only maniacal Obama supporters can use the race card without being prejudicial.)
Earlier I mentioned Obama's ethnicity. Hmmm...what did I mean? His father was from Kenya, yes. But what about his mother? He says she was a Kansas girl. Yes, that's true, but she was black, also, right?
No, of course not!
The media always forgets--and Obama, too, on the campaign trail--that his mother was in fact white. That means he is half African-American. It's okay for him to discriminate against his white ethnicity, however. I wonder what it would be like if he said he was European-American instead? Black organizations would label him a racist for discriminating against fifty-percent of his genes. Then, there's his minister using the "n" word quite liberally in his sermons, which support Obama's candidacy.
...But that's another story altogether.
No comments:
Post a Comment