Why is the United States so worried about Cuba? Is it like Cuba is going to invade Florida and annex that state from the rest of the US? I doubt it.
Do we even remember the reason hate for Cuba is so ingrained in our brains? I don't think we do. We just do it, because it's what we were told to do. I don't hate Cuba. I could care less about Fidel Castro. He is a piss ant in the world political theater. Let's devote our minds and attention to the Middle East, instead of some benign, stagnant, 47-year-old regime on an economically crippled Caribbean island. That just screams world domination, doesn't it?
As for those cheering mobs in Little Havana that we all see on television, I doubt 85% of them have ever set foot in Cuba. As for the rest of them, they were so concerned about the plight of their people, the direction of their country, and the oppression of Fidel Castro, they defected to the United States, where they could live in virtual safety and forget their troubles.
That says "patriot" to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment