Monday, May 29, 2006

Summer Vacation

Well, I officially now want to go to Paris in July. It seems to me that it would be a good time considering I can enjoy the fireworks in the US and then jump a plane to Paris for Bastille Day. The only issue I've had with this trip is the fact I can't learn French! Mon Dieu! How come French is so bloody hard? My complaint is this: they don't say half of the word. They change the sound of the ending of most words. It may have something like -eaux as the suffix, but that is simply pronounced -oo. I wonder how you get that? My first impression was the French are lazy speakers, but I suppose it comes from hundreds of years of tradition, so who am I to judge?

If I speak French, then I am certain to sound beneath a mere provincial, which won't win me any favors in France. I may just stick with English and let them get over it. The French are an arrogant people, so by speaking their language someone may get offended. Then I'll be hated for being more than a pompous American, but also being a presumptuous one.

No comments: